Report a tree down, flooded road or highway obstruction - BBLP : 01432 261800
Flood alerts: Floodline 0345 988 1188.
Sign up to get Flood Warnings from gov.uk by phone, email or text message . If you live by a river or stream, keep a watch on current and expected water levels by clicking the following link which allows you to see the actual water levels at different locations in the county.
More information and advice can be found here:
Community Hub Support Group: Call 01989 770916
Herefordshire Council Talk Community: Call 01432 260027
Ross Good Neighbours: Call 01763 802046
Age Concern: Call 01989 567165 or 01989 763887
Finally, some tips from Western Power on how you can prepare in case of a power cut:
1. Keep our telephone number handy or save it in your mobile phone (105 or 0800 6783 105) so that you can report a power cut or call for information and advice.
2. Keep a battery/solar charger handy so that you can recharge your smart phone or tablet and follow updates on social media, our online power cut map or Power Cut Reporter app.
3. Keep your freezer shut – depending on the type of freezer you have, the contents could stay frozen for up to 12 hours.
4. Check that you have a phone available that will work in a power cut – digital or cordless ones may not work.
5. Have things like a torch or lantern ready (it is best not to use candles or paraffin lights).
6. Protect sensitive electrical equipment such as computers with a surge protector plug.
7. If you have a mains-operated stair lift, check to see if there is a manual release handle that can be used to return it safely to ground level if it stops working.
Copyright 2016 - 2022. All rights reserved
Marstow Parish Council confirm that they have to the best of their ability tested the website and are satisfied that all reasonable precautions have been taken so that it conforms to the latest government accessibility requirements.
External links are selected and reviewed when the page is published. However, the Parish Council is not responsible for the content of external websites.